10 minutes crispy tofu chickpea tahini bowl
This 10 minutes delicious crispy tofu chickpea tahini bowl is the perfect nourishing vegan meal.
ingredients for the crispy tofu chickpea tahini bowl
tofu.It is an excellent source of protein. It has a good amount of calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus.
mie noodles.You may know them as instant noodles are Asian yellow wheat noodles.
chickpea.You are free to use dry or canned chickpeas. If you are using dry chickpeas, please know you must cook them. There are different methods how to soften and cook chickpeas.
onion.Yellow or red, you choose.
garlic.As we are not using too many flavors, garlic is a must-have for this dish.
spring onion.It harmonizes perfectly with the other ingredients and gives the dish a fresh look.
bell pepper.Yellow and red pepper is used in this meal.
lemon.You will need the lemon zest to cook and then lemon slices to garnish the dish.
tahini.It makes the sauce so creamy, just perfect.
soy sauce.It will be needed for the marinade of the tofu cubes.
maple syrup.To add a little bit of a sweet taste to the dish.
how to store the chickpea tahini bowl
- If you’re planning your meal ahead, marinate the tofu cubes the night before. They would taste so much better if they had enough time to absorb the flavors of the spices.
- The tofu bowl is the perfect meal prep dish. It tastes cold and hot so that you could prepare it for lunch at work.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|1||red bell pepper|
|1||yellow bell pepper|
|1tsp||black pepper salt|
- Cut the tofu into cubes and add them into a bowl.
- Add the coriander powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt, half of the mustard flour, and soy sauce to the tofu and mix it until well combined.
- Wash the vegetables.
- Zest a lemon.
- Peel the onion and garlic cloves.
- Chop the onion.
- Mash the garlic cloves.
- Cut the bell peppers into cubes.
- Cut the spring onion into rings.
- If you’re using canned chickpeas, rinse them.
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil and add some salt.
- When boiling, add mie noodles and cook as said in instruction.
- Put a pan on medium-high heat on the stove and add the coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot, fry the tofu cubes in it until golden brown and crispy ( this will take about 5 minutes). Don’t forget to toss the cubes upside down.
- When crispy, remove the tofu cubes from the pan and put them aside.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and saute for about a minute.
- Add mashed garlic and lemon zest and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the spring onion and bell pepper cubes and saute for a minute.
- Add chickpeas and fry for a minute.
- Pour the water into the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add tahini, black pepper, salt, and mustard flour when boiling.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Serve the chickpea tahini in a bowl with mie noodles. Garnish with tofu cubes and lemon slices.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.