amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)
Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
WHAT IS MORO?
HOW TO SERVE THIS AMAZING MORO DE MAIZ
rice.Any Long grain rice such as Basmati or Jasmin rice.
corn.Fresh cooked corn or canned corn both work well. But be careful with the canned one. Be sure that it only contains corn and water
celery.One stick of celery is enough. It's perfect to give the Moro some flavor
onion.Half medium sized onion, red or yellow, both work well.
garlic.Just one small garlic clove for the perfect taste.
cilantro.A handful of fresh cilantro will give it a wonderful taste.
tomato paste.This is essential not only for the taste but also for the perfect-colored rice.
vegetable oil.Choose your favorite. I use organic sunflower oil.
red bell pepper.Just half bell pepper to flavor the rice.
- At the point where you add the rice please follow every step correctly.
- It is very important that you set your stove on the right level as it can burn easily.
- This is the most comment failure that even advanced Dominican rice cooks have.
- If you’re not sure about the right heat set your stove on medium low heat after your water is cooking.
- This ensures that the Moro de Maiz will not burn that fast.
- If you’re following this tip the corn rice will need a little bit longer but will taste as good as mine.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|0.5||Red Bell Pepper|
- Peel the onion and garlic.
- Cut the onion, red bell pepper and celery stick in half.
- Give some oil into a pot (capacity of 4 liters) and add the chopp onion, red bell pepper, celery stick, one tsp capers, and 60g tomato paste.
- Press the garlic clove into the pot.
- Set your stove on high level and let the ingredients set their flavors free for about 1 minute.
- Add some salt. Stir it for about one minute.
- Add the cooked corn and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Please keep stirring it as we don't want it to burn.
- Add 1 liter water and the cilantro. Put a lid on and let it simmer.
- Pretest the water if it needs more salt, if so add more salt.
- Add the washed rice of choice.
- Stir the rice every minute and set your stove on medium level.
- Let it simmer and stir it until the rice absorbs the water.
- Set your stove on low level (If your stove has Level 1-10 set it on a 2 or 3). Build a hill of rice with your cooking spoon and put a paper or kitchen towel on top of your hill.
- Put a lid on the pot and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the kitchen towel. Stir the rice to lose it. Put the lid back on and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Test your rice. It should be fluffy and mostly delicious.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.