christmas honey carrot hummus recipe
This Christmas honey carrot hummus recipe is the perfect creamy holiday appetizer!
ingredients for the christmas honey carrot hummus recipe
Chickpea.The basis of the hummus. You will need cooked chickpeas; canned Chickpeas work perfectly. Chickpeas are an amazing source of fiber, Vitamins B9 and B6, copper, Iron, magnesium, selenium, and Potassium. The garbanzo beans are rich in plant proteins, which is amazing if you´re on a plant-based diet or are looking for a meat alternative to fill your body with proteins. Chickpea has many health benefits, such as it may support blood sugar regulation, may benefit digestion, may protect against certain chronic diseases like heart diseases, diabetes type 2, and cancer, and may promote brain health.
Carrots.The orange vegetable contains an amazing source of Vitamins A,K, and C, Potassium, fiber, Calcium, and iron. Carrots are rich in antioxidants; they may lower your risk of cancer, may help regulate your blood pressure, and may help boost your immune system.
Onion.We will saute the onion, so it gets a nice aroma. The sauteed onion will add a lot of flavor to the dip. You can use yellow or red onion for this dish.
Garlic.You need to saute the garlic with the onion as it will harmonize with the olive oil.
Honey.The honey will sweeten this dip. It fits perfectly with the carrots.
Lemon.It’s a must in the traditional hummus recipe, and I understand why. The lemon adds a lot of freshness and a bit of sourness to the dip, which makes the dish very addictive. Use organic lemons. We will need the zest of the lemon to saute together with the onion and garlic.
Tahini.The tahini makes the hummus creamy.
Olive oil.High-quality extra virgin olive oil.
Spices.Cinnamon, black Pepper, italian Oregano, Thyme
how to store the christmas honey carrot hummus
how to serve the christmas honey carrot hummus
Ingredients for the recipe:
|1tbsp||honey (or maple syrup)|
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Cut the carrots into four pieces. Cut one carrot into thin slices and put it aside.
- Add the carrot pieces and water to a pot and put it on medium-high heat on the stove. Add a little bit of salt and bring it to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Peel the onion and garlic cloves.
- Cut one onion into rings, add them to the carrot slices and set aside.
- Chopp the other onions.
- Mince the garlic cloves.
- Wash the lemon. Zest the lemon.
- Add olive oil to a pan and put it on the stove on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute for about two minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and lemon zest and saute for another minute until everything has a beautiful gold color and the aroma is set free.
- Remove everything from the pan.
- Add some olive oil again to the pan and set the pan to low-medium heat.
- Remove the cooked carrot pieces from the water.
- Saute the onion and carrots slices for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the chickpeas, cooked carrots, spices, salt, juice of a lemon, sauteed onion, garlic cloves, lemon zest, tahini, honey, and cold water to a blender or food processor. Blend until everything combines well and you have a beautiful creamy dip.
- Pour the dip on a plate.
- Garnish with the sauteed onion rings and carrots slices.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt and honey on top.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT BREAKFAST
easy and perfectly delicious french toast casseroleSpring is finally here that means BRUNCH season has finally started. This French toast casserole is the perfect spring brunch recipe for you and your friends.
quick and super healthy chocolate porridgeI know it sounds strange, chocolate and healthy? That's not possible. But it is! This chocolate strawberry porridge is 100 percent healthy, but it tastes so much like dessert. The perfect way to start your day.
a must have simple and quick delicious healthy porridge breakfastAre you looking for a quick healthy but also delicious breakfast? Creamy oatmeal is the solution, especially this must have simple and quick delicious healthy porridge breakfast recipe.
delicious tomato scrambled eggsA simple delicious scrambled eggs recipe with lots of flavors. Bell Pepper, garlic, onions and tomato paste is all you need for this delicious tomato scrambled eggs recipe, which is made in 10 minutes.
the best easy sweet potato eggplant dip recipeThe best easy sweet potato eggplant dip recipe is a colorful healthy and delicious vegan dip for any occasion.