easy 30 minutes caribbean coconut rice with mango basil chicken
Are you looking for an amazingly fresh, colorful, healthy dinner recipe? This easy 30 minutes Caribbean coconut rice with mango basil chicken recipe is perfect.
Ingredients for this easy 30 minutes Caribbean coconut rice with mango basil chicken
Rice.Basmati or Jasmin rice. I prefer Basmati for this recipe.
Chicken breast.High-quality organic chicken breast. Don’t choose size over quality. We want the best out of our protein source.
Mango.Well ripened juicy Mango. We are looking for the sweet unique mango taste to compliment the fresh taste of the basil and savory chicken.
Basil leaves.They will add so much flavor and freshness.
Lime.The perfect sour taste for the marinade of the chicken.
How to store the Mango basil chicken
- Use a well-ripened mango, as we need a very sweet mango.
- The chicken breast should have the best quality, you will taste the difference.
- Washing the rice will make a difference in the taste.
- Follow the instructions and you’re going to have a super delicious and healthy meal.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|600g||chicken breast (2)|
|2handful||fresh basil leaves|
|1tsp||dominican oregano also known as spanish thyme|
- Wash the chicken breast with lemon and water.
- Dry them with a paper towel.
- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise. Now you’re having 4 thin chicken breast pieces.
- Add the chicken breast to a bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika powder ginger powder, Dominican oregano, Italian oregano, and garlic powder to the bowl.
- Mix the chicken breast and spices well together by stirring them with a spoon, until well combined.
- Put the seasoned chicken breast aside.
- Add 600 ml water and some salt to a pot.
- Put the pot on a high level on the stove.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, wash the rice.
- When the water is boiling add 200 ml coconut cream to the pot and stir it.
- Add the rice and stir it right away.
- Put the heat down to medium level.
- Stir it a few times.
- When the rice absorbed all the water and cream, put a paper towel on top of the rice.
- Put a lid on the pot.
- Put the heat down to a low level ( If your stove has levels 1 to 10 put it on 2)
- While the rice is cooking for about 20 minutes we are going to prepare the Mango basil topping.
- Cut a well-ripened Mango into cubes.
- Chopp the basil leaves.
- Add the Mango cubes and basil leaves to a bowl and mix them well together.
- After 20 minutes, remove the paper towel from the rice. Stir the rice to loosen everything up.
- Put the lid back on the pot.
- Put a pan with 2 tsp of oil on a high medium-high level on the stove.
- When the pan is hot you can add the chicken breast.
- Saute for 2 minutes then flip the chicken to the other side.
- Let it cook on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. the chicken should be ready as it is very thin.
- Serve rice on a plate.
- Add one chicken breast piece and garnish it with the mango basil topping.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.