easy made perfect crusted pork roast with gravy
This easy made perfect crusted pork roast is crispy on the outside and perfect on the inside and with heavenly good gravy, made out of wine and vegetables, this roast is the perfect one for the winter time.
Ingredients for the super simple ham roast
Ham.You will need a pork shoulder with skin and the underlying fat. If you don’t like the skin you can remove it easily before serving. It is important to leave the skin while cooking. The ham gets a lot of flavors, and we prevent getting a dry roast.
Carrots.The carrots will add a beautiful color and sweeten this dish up. Carrots are a good source for vitamin A, they can lower your risk of cancer.
Leek.With its unique strong taste, I needed to add it to this tasteful recipe. Leeks are rich in vitamin K.You can read more about the health benefits of vitamin K here.
Celery.We will need a piece of the celery root to get the vegetable broth taste.
Red bell pepper.The bell pepper is going to give
Garlic.You won’t taste the garlic as it melts perfectly with the other ingredients.
Red wine.What would Christmas be without a dish with a good wine sauce.
Parsley.The only herb we are using and will need to round up the sauce.
Salt.Any salt you have.
Pepper.Freshly grated black and red pepper work perfectly.
If you don’t like a strong wine taste, you can slowly add the wine and see when you need to stop. I don’t like strong wine sauce either.
- If you’re planning this dish ahead, I recommend letting the roast rest for more than two hours. Overnight is the perfect time to get the most flavors out of the ingredients.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|2000g||pork shoulder with skin and the underlying fat|
- Prepare the roast by first cutting a crisscross pattern into the rind. Season the roast with one tablespoon of salt and pepper.
- Put the roast on a casserole dish.
- Peel the carrots, celery root and onion. After that, cut the onion, red pepper, and celery root into big cubes. Cut the carrots and leek into rings.
- Add the carrots, leek, celery stick, garlic clove, celery root, half of red pepper,2 tablespoons of salt and parsley to a food processor on high speed, until it becomes a paste.
- Marinate the roast with the paste.
- Let the roast rest for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Put the roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes pour 50ml hot water over the roast. Do this again 15 minutes later.
- Turn the heat to 170 °C for 2 hours.
- After 30 mins pour 50 ml hot water over the roast again.
- After 60 mins pour over the red wine.
- Take the roast out of the oven.
- Put it on a wood board and let it rest for 10 mins.
- In the meantime add the liquid with the marinade, which is in the casserole dish, into a blender.
- Add 400 ml of water.
- Blend everything at high speed.
- Add some salt.
- Cut the roast into slices. If you don’t like the fat you can remove it.
- Pour over the sauce if you like to or serve it on the side.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.