easy one pan pineapple coconut shrimp rice
Colorful, full of nutrition, flavoury, and super delicious- that’s how I would describe this easy one-pan pineapple coconut shrimp rice recipe.
Ingredients for the easy one-pan pineapple coconut shrimp rice
Shrimps.Peeled, not peeled, frozen or fresh, Tiger, king prawns- you choose.
Rice.Basmati or Jasmin rice works best for this dish. When cooking the rice add a little bit of salt. You will need 400g dry rice and 600 ml water.
Broccoli.Fresh or frozen. Both are full of nutrition such as vitamins, minerals and bioactive compounds.
Onion.Yellow or red, both are a good choice.
Garlic.For a good flavor. Shrimps and garlic belong together.
Coconut cream.We will 200 ml, so the rice will have a coconut taste but it won’t be moist.
Vegetarian or Vegan version?
How to store?
- If the shrimps are frozen, unfreeze them before using them, as they change the taste of the rice and the texture of the shrimps won’t be as crispy and juicy.
- Use a big pan or a wok. The rice, vegetables, and pineapple have a big volume, it can be a little too much for a medium-sized pan. So keep that in mind before cooking.
- This one-pan shrimp rice recipe is perfect for meal prep. You can cook it on Sunday and store it in 6 different containers (6 portions).
- Garnish the rice with lime. This is going to taste super fresh and delicious.
- Be careful when using the spices. Use it as said in the instruction. If you use too much turmeric, the dish is going to be ruined, because the turmeric spice will dominate and give the rice a beautiful color but a strong turmeric taste (which I don’t like). It doesn´t harmonize well with the other ingredients.
- If you like sauces, try this dish with garlic chili sauce. It tastes heavenly good.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|800g||cooked rice (basmati or jasmin)|
- Cook the basmati rice.
- Mix all the spices, except for the pepper.
- While the rice is cooking, peel the onion and garlic cloves.
- Chop the onion and stamp the garlic cloves with a mortar.
- Cut the pineapple into cubes.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into fine strings.
- Cut the zucchini into rings.
- Cut the broccoli by cutting the floret where its stem meets the larger stalk. Wash the broccoli.
- Clean the shrimps with lemon and water. After cleaning them, dry them with a paper or kitchen towel.
- Add coconut oil to a pan and put it on high level on the stove.
- Add the shrimps salt and pepper and fry for about 2 minutes on high heat.
- Put the stove on medium-high level and add the chopped onion to the pan. Saute the onion for about a minute.
- Add the mashed garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Add the mixed spices and fry for a minute, so they can set their aroma free.
- Add the broccoli, carrot strings, and zucchini rings. Make sure that the stove is set on medium level. Put a lid on the pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Don’t forget to stir it sometimes, if not it will get burned.
- After the vegetables cooked for some time add the coconut cream.
- When the rice is ready add it to the pan. Set the stove to a high level and stir it constantly.
- Fry the rice for about 3 minutes and add salt if needed.
- The one-pan dish is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with peanuts and lime.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.