homemade apple cinnamon red cabbage recipe
This homemade apple cinnamon red cabbage recipe is the perfect winter side dish.
ingredients for the homemade apple cinnamon red cabbage recipe
Red cabbage.A great nutrient-rich vegetable. Red cabbage is an excellent source of fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B6. Thanks to fiber, red cabbage contributes to digestive health. Other health benefits of red cabbage are it may help fight inflammation, may promote heart health, may strengthen your bones, and may protect against certain cancers.
Apples.The apples will add a fresh and fruity taste to the dish, which makes this recipe very interesting, in a good way, though.
Onion.Together with the spices, the basis.
Apple vinegar.The ingredient which will give the dish a beautiful color but also a fantastic sour taste.
Sugar.The balance between sweet and sour is essential.
how to store the sweet and sour red cabbage
how to serve the traditional german red cabbage
- A fantastic thing about this recipe is it is so varied in how to serve it.
- You can serve it in a hotdog to pimp it up.
- You can serve it with mashed potatoes and german sausage, which are amazing together. (here is my mashed potato recipe.)
- You can serve it with beef like Gulasch.
- You can serve it with roast duck, lamb, or chicken.
- You can serve it in a Sandwich.
- The options are endless!
how to cut the red cabbage
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage in half.
- Cut the halves in half.
- Cut out the stem and core.
- Cut the quarters into thin slices or shred them. You can use a knife, mandolin, or food processor to cut it.
- The cabbage will taste better if made the day before.
- Pretest if more cider and sugar are needed. It really depends on the quality of the apples.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Cut the red cabbage into thin slices by cutting the cabbage in half. The halves are in half so that you have four pieces.
- Cut the stem out.
- Cut or shred the pieces into very thin slices with a knife, mandolin, or, if you want to make your life easy, a food processor.
- Peel the apple. Cut the apple in half and remove the seeds.
- Shred or cut the apples into very thin slices.
- Use a big pot and add a little bit of oil.
- Put the pot on medium-high speed on the stove.
- Sautee the onion for a minute.
- Add the brown sugar and apple to the onion and stir it—Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the red cabbage and stir it.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar over it.
- Add salt, bay leaves, cloves, all spice and a cinnamon stick—Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water, wine,set the stove on medium heat, and put the lid on.
- Cook for about 40 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it. If needed, add some water.
- When the cabbage is tender, check if salt is needed.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.