new amazing creamy roasted tomato soup with sourdough toast
This new amazing creamy roasted tomato soup with sourdough toast is super healthy, delicious and the best part super simple, as there is no cooking involved.
I want to make clear, that this soup is more than just tomatoes. It will not taste like tomato juice. It’s light, fresh, and simply a harmony.
Ingredients for our new amazing creamy roasted tomato soup with sourdough toast
Tomatoes.For this recipe, we will need
cherry tomatoes. I tried different kinds of tomatoes, but we get the best, most flavory result with cherry tomatoes. You can use yellow, green, orange, and red cherry.
tomatoes.One thing I would definitely recommend is to use at least 50 percent red tomatoes. But let’s talk about some nutritional facts. Cherry tomatoes are an excellent source of various Vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, E, and Potassium. Like other tomatoes, cherry tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a compound that has many health benefits. Lycopene can help with inflammation and blood clotting, therefore it can minimize your risk of getting a stroke, lower your risk of getting cancer, and it may promote your skin health.
Avocado.The ingredient that makes the soup really creamy. The superfood is the perfect addition to this healthy dish. Don’t worry it won’t taste anything like avocado. You are going to have all the nutritional benefits from the fruit.
Onion.You can use red or yellow onion. I always prefer red onion, because it’s even healthier.
Garlic cloves.The perfect flavor ingredients with a lot of health benefits too.
Thyme.Tomatoes and thyme belong together.
Rosemary.This one needed to be part of the ingredient list. It smells like the ingredients are dancing with each other while cooking.
Salt.Sea salt is the best.
Olive oil.As always high-quality olive oil for the best health benefits and taste.
Basil leaves.They make everything taste extra fresh. Garnish the soup with basil leaves, as we eat with our eyes too.
Sourdough toast.This step is not a must. They are a good and delicious carb source but not essential. My gluten-free friends, don’t worry, leave it out.
- The soup is an allrounder. You can make a lot of it and put it into jars and store it for months.
- You can use the soup for more recipes. Maybe you would like to use it as a Pasta sauce, which works really well.
- It can be stored in the fridge for about 5 days.
- I really recommend using a little bit more olive oil, as it gives more flavor and keeps you full for hours.
- As we are using minimal ingredients, the ones that we are using are essential for the perfect flavor, so please follow the instructions.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|1||medium-sized red onion|
|5tbsp||olive oil (you can add more if you want)|
- Preheat the oven on 200°C.
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the string.
- Peel and cut the onion in half.
- Put the garlic cloves, washed tomatoes, onion, rosemary, and thyme on a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle olive oil all over the fresh ingredients.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes look roasted, the onion soft, and everything smells heavenly good.
- In the meantime take two sourdough toast slices and cut them into cubes.
- Add some olive oil to a pan and put it on the stove on medium heat.
- Add the toast cubes and let them absorb the olive oil. The bread is done when it’s crispy.
- Put the cubes aside. You can wash the pan in the meantime.
- Cut a lemon into 4 pieces and put it again aside.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven. Take the garlic cloves out of the casserole dish and let it cool off.
- In the next step, we are going to need a blender.
- Take a big spoon and add everything from the casserole dish into the blender. Even the water and oil.
- Peel and add the roasted garlic cloves.
- Cut the Avocado in half, peel it and add it to the blender.
- Add a handful of washed basil leaves.
- Add salt.
- Put the blender on high speed and let everything become a creamy and smooth soup.
- Pour the soup into two bowls.
- Garnish with the sourdough toast and fresh basil leaves.
- Before eating the soup, sprinkle some lemon over it. But not too much as it can get too sour very quickly.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT DINNER
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.