super healthy roasted vegetables quinoa salad
This super healthy roasted vegetables quinoa salad is a delicious rich-in-nutrition meal option.
This is for the whole family, very popular for the big and little ones.
ingredients for the super healthy roasted vegetables quinoa salad
Quinoa.A high in protein, fiber, Vitamins B6 and E, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus, and folate. It contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which have fantastic health effects.
Zucchini.One medium size Zucchini is used in this recipe. Zucchinis are rich in folate, fiber, Vitamins A,C and K, Copper, and Magnesium to name a few.
Bell pepper.We want a colorful salad that’s why we are using yellow, red, orange, and green bell pepper.
Onion.Red onions are the perfect ones for this recipe, but of course you are free to use yellow onions.
Spring onion.The spring onion will add a flavorful taste to this dish.
Cucumber.The cucumber will balance the dish out, thanks to its fresh taste.
Raisins.Raisins will make the dish sweet, which is an amazing taste experience.
Mint.Mint fits perfect to the other ingredients and like the cucumber adds a freshness to the quinoa salad.
parsley.The perfect green herb as it doesn’t dominate.
Lemon.The lemon is the basis of the dressing. It makes the salad sour.
how to store the quinoa salad
when to serve the quinoa salad
- The quinoa salad can be served for lunch. This is a perfect meal prep recipe, which you can eat at work or school.
- The quinoa salad can be the perfect side dish for your next dinner.
- The super healthy roasted vegetables quinoa salad can be served on any occasion like Christmas, eastern, summer BBQs as a side as it fits perfectly to many other dishes.
- Mix the quinoa and roasted vegetables while they are still hot. As they get cold they have time to release their aroma and the salad will taste so much better.
- The salad is going to taste even better the next day. Let it cool off and then put it in the fridge.
- Before serving sprinkle a little bit of fresh lemon juice over your portion. It tastes heavenly good.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|1||red bell pepper|
|1||yellow bell pepper|
|1||green bell pepper|
|1||orange bell pepper|
- Preheat the oven on 200°C (425°F).
- Rinse the quinoa under water.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Cut the zucchini into cubes.
- Cut th bell peppers into small cubes by cutting it into strings and these strings into cubes.
- Put everything on a baking sheet and pour some olive oil (half) over the veggies) and mix it.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime add 600ml water and some salt to a pot. Put the pot on medium-high heat on the stove and bring it to boil.
- When boiling add the quinoa and set the heat on low-medium level. It should cook slowly for 10-15 minutes. Be careful that the heat is not to high and the quinoa doesnt get burned.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut the spring onions into rings and the cucumber into cubes.
- Mince the parsley and mint.
- When cooked add the quinoa to a big salad bowl and let it cool off.
- In the meantime cut the lemons in half and squeeze out the juice into a glass.
- Add salt, ginger powder, tomato paste, and olive oil and mix well, until the ingredients become one.
- When the vegetables are roasted, take them out of the oven and add them to the quinoa.
- Let the quinoa and vegetables cool off for 10 minutes.
- Add the cucumber, spring onion rings, raisins, minced parsley, and mint to the quinoa vegetable mix.
- Pour the dressing over and mix well. Let the salad cool in the fridge for a few hours, to get the best taste. But please wait until the salad cools off before putting it in the fridge.
- Ready to serve or store!
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.