super simple perfect weeknight dinner chicken casserole
Colorful, creamy and simply delicious. This super simple perfect weeknight dinner chicken casserole, is the perfect dinner for people who want a flavor but still simple dinner.
Why is this the perfect weeknight dinner?
- You can prepare everything in the morning and when you come home, just turn on the oven.
- It is the perfect leftover meal.
- You can freeze it and easily put it in the oven. It will taste incredible. The mushrooms won’t have a different consistency. It will taste the same.
- Thanks to the bell pepper you are getting enough vitamin c for the rest of the week.
Ingredients for the super simple perfect weeknight chicken casserole
Bell pepper.1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green bell pepper. If you don’t like or have one of this color, use your favorite one. You can of course add more bell pepper if you like.
Chicken breast.Sliced chicken breast will be totally fine. The chicken is not the main character in this recipe.
Mushrooms.Brown or white mushrooms.
Cream.If you have access to Italian heavy cream, I would definitely recommend to use this.
Tomato paste.For the perfect color and taste, of course. The tomato won’t dominate here, together with the cream, it will create an unbelievably delicious sauce.
Cilantro.If you cooked my recipes before, you will know that I use it in so many recipes.It is unbeatable if you want a unique and strong flavor in your dish. Don’t worry if you don’t like the taste of fresh cilantro (me neither) you can easily remove the cilantro after cooking.
Parsley.1 handful fresh chopped parsley.
Cheese.200g Gouda cheese. Of course you can add more cheese, there is never too much cheese in a casserole right? If you don’t have gouda cheese, replace it with Emmentaler, mozzarella or white cheddar.
Onion.2 onions or one big onion. Red and white both work really well in this recipe.
Garlic.2 mashed garlic cloves.If you’re a garlic lover you can add one extra garlic clove, for that delicious taste
Spinach.200g spinach.You know we need some vitamins with all that cheese and heavy cream, haha.Im just joking, but we definitely need something green, as I like my dishes very colorful.Spinach works really good. You can read more about the superfood here
Ingredients for the recipe:
|1||red bell pepper|
|1||yellow bell pepper|
|1||green bell pepper|
|2||mashed garlic cloves|
- Preheat the oven on 190° C circulating air.
- Peel the onion and garlic cloves.
- Cut the onion into rings.
- Cut the bell peppers and mushrooms into thin slices.
- Chop the parsley and cilantro.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips.
- You can chop, stamp or mash the garlic.
- Wash the fresh spinach.
- Add some oil into a pan and put it on middle high heat on the stove.
- Add the onion, garlic and tomato paste into the pan.Let it cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper and paprika spice into the pan.Cook for about 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms and stir it, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, basil, majoran, oregano, cilantro, parsley and salt. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add everything into a baking sheet.
- Add the cheese on top.
- Put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Ready to serve!
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.