the best healthy vegan lentil stew recipe
The best healthy vegan lentil stew recipe! A satisfying, colorful, nutritional, easy-made, vegan, one-pot stew.
ingredients for the best healthy vegan lentil stew recipe
Lentils.Brown lentils are my favorite for this stew recipe. They have an earthy flavor tone and are perfect for stews and soups. The highly nutritious edible seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, iron, Vitamins B, Zinc, and Potassium. Lentils have many health benefits, such as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They may help lower the risk of heart disease and improve cholesterol and blood pressure level.
Potatoes.They are a great source of carbs. The starchy vegetable helps thicken the stew.
Carrots.The highly healthy orange vegetable is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Potassium, Fiber, Vitamin C, Calcium, and iron. They are rich in antioxidants.
Celery.Not only will it add a lot of flavor to the soup, but it is also a healthy ingredient. Celery may support digestive function, be anti-inflammatory, may improve memory, and may improve blood sugar management.
Onion.One big yellow onion will add so much flavor.
Parsley.The green herb rounds the soup perfectly up.
Ginger.This is the key ingredient to make the stew extra healthy and give it a sweet, spicy touch.
Apple cider vinegar.Just a little bit to make the soup a little bit sour.
how to store
- If you don´t have much time, cook the lentil stew on high heat, the soup should be done in 40 minutes (it is done when the lentils are soft).
- Cook the Lentil stew on low-medium heat for at least an hour to get a flavorful vegan lentil stew.
- Wash the lentils before cooking. If you rinse them before cooking, you remove impurities.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into small cubes.
- Add cumin to avoid bloating.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|1tsp||fresh grated ginger|
- Peel the onion.
- Chop the onion and celery sticks.
- Mince the garlic.
- Wash the potatoes and carrots.
- Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots into cubes, rings, or whatever you prefer.
- Grate the ginger.
- Wash the parsley and chop it.
- Rinse the lentils.
- Use a big pot and put it on medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add some oil and saute the onion for about 30 seconds.
- Add the celery, minced garlic and grated ginger and saute for another minute.
- Add the potato and carrots cubes and stir them well.
- Add the lentils and saute for a minute.
- Pour the water over and add some salt.
- Let it cook until its starts to boil.
- When boiling, add spices and chopped parsley. Let it cook for 40 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and stir it well. Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pre-taste the stew. It is done when the lentils are soft.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.