the best simple roasted mediterranean vegetables black rice salad
Are you looking for a delicious, colorful, and healthy salad recipe? The best simple roasted Mediterranean vegetables black rice salad, won’t disappoint you.
Ingredients for the best roasted Mediterranean vegetables black rice salad
Zucchini.A super healthy summer squash, which is going to nourish our body with lots of different vitamins, antioxidants, and many health benefits. Zucchini is rich in fiber and a rich in water vegetable, which is very helpful for your digestion. You can read more at healthline.com
Eggplant.This wouldn’t be a good summer vegetable salad without my favorite summer vegetable. This super healthy allrounder needed to be on the list.
Bell pepper.Lots of different colors, as we would like to have a super colorful, healthy, and delicious salad.
Onion.We will roast the onion and then use it for the dressing.
Garlic.For a delicious flavory taste.
Black rice.has a nutty flavor. This healthy rice is rich in nutrition and antioxidants. Anthocyanin is the compound that gives black rice the color, the same compound which gives blueberry and other foods the purple color. Studies show that anthocyanin has very strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer effects.
Arugula.The green part of the salad. Don’t forget to massage the arugula before eating.
Orange.The sweet citrus is going to give the dressing a sweet taste.
Balsamic vinegar.What would roasted vegetables be without balsamic vinegar. You are going to get an antipasto feeling.
Olive oil.Good quality, as always.
Basil leaves.For a fresh taste.
Thyme.The perfect spice for this salad.
Oregano.This spice brings everything to the next level.
How to store the roasted Mediterranean vegetable black rice salad
Massagethe arugula salad before adding it to the salad. If you do so, it will lose the bitterness, which I personally don’t like.
- Pretest the salad dressing before pouring it all over the salad. If the salad is too sour for you add 1 tsp of sugar.
- You can add more basil leaves if you would like the salad to have a super fresh taste.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|1||red bell pepper|
|1||orange red bell pepper|
|1||yellow bell pepper|
|1||green bell pepper|
|1||medium-sized red onion|
|1||big garlic cloves|
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Wash the zucchinis, eggplant, bell peppers, orange, and basil leaves.
- Wash the rice.
- Add 250 ml (2,5 cups) of Water to a pot.
- Add a little bit of salt and bring the pot to boil on high heat.
- When the water is boiling add the washed rice.
- Put the stove on medium level and let the rice cook for about 40 minutes. The rice should not be cooked too much, if it is, lower the heat level.
- Stir the rice when needed (let’s say like every 5 minutes, once the stove is set on low level)
- Chop off the stem and blossom of the zucchini.
- Cut the zucchini into 3 pieces.
- Cut the half zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Cut it into 4 strips. Make that for all the zucchini parts.
- Put the cuted Zucchini on a baking sheet.
- Peel the onion and cut it in half. Put the onion on the baking sheet.
- Cut off the stem (or crown) of the eggplant.
- Peel the eggplant with a sharp knife.
- Cut the eggplant into strips, the exact same way you already cut the zucchini.
- Add the eggplant strips to the baking sheet.
- Cut the Bell pepper into strings.
- Add all the bell pepper strings to the baking sheet.
- Add the not peeled garlic clove to the baking sheet.
- Pour some olive oil over the vegetables.
- Roast for about 30 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking and the vegetables are in the oven, you can make the dressing.
- Give 50 ml balsamic oil to a blender.
- Add the juice of one orange.
- Add the salt, oregano, and thyme.
- Add the washed basil leaves.
- We need to wait until the vegetables are done, as we will need the garlic clove and onion for the dressing. Wash and massage the arugula and add it to a big bowl.
- When the vegetables are roasted (see if they are soft and done). Remove the baking sheet out of the oven.
- Take the garlic clove and peel it carefully as it is very hot. Add the garlic flesh to the blender.
- Add the onion to the rest of the dressing.
- Blend it for 1 minute until everything is smooth.
- Add all the other vegetables and cooked rice to the arugula.
- Pour some olive oil and dressing over the salad.
- Mix it very well.
- The salad is ready!
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.