the perfect classic creamy mashed potatoes
The perfect classic creamy mashed potatoes are fluffy, soft, super simple, and heavenly good.
ingredients for the perfect creamy mashed potatoes
Potatoes.I recommend using Russet potatoes. But any other potato works well too. The mashed potatoes turn out perfect with Russet potatoes.
Milk.I always use whole cow’s milk. The milk has to be cold.
Butter.High-quality non-salted butter. Add less salt to the mixture if you have salted butter at home.
Olive oil.A little bit of high-quality virgin olive oil works wonders.
tips on how to make the mashed potatoes
Peel the potatoes.You don’t have to peel the potatoes; I just find it better for a classic creamy, fluffy mashed potato. When you leave the skin on, it will have skin parts in between, which I do not recommend for this traditional mashed potato recipe.
Cook the potatoes.Add the potatoes to a large pot and fill it with water. Cook the potatoes until they are soft and fall apart.
Remove the potatoes from the water.Remove the potatoes from the water and add them immediately to a bowl. The following steps are key to a successful recipe.
Use cold milk.The milk must be very cold for the mashed potatoes to have a perfect consistency. Add the milk to the potatoes.
Use cold butter.The butter will melt right away while mixing everything.
Mix everything on high speed until smooth.You have to mix everything at high speed; the consistency will change if not.
Garnish with olive oil.I love this step and never leave it out. You will have a touch of an olive oil flavor that harmonizes perfectly with the other ingredients.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into evenly-sized parts. Add all the potato chunks to a pot.
- Fill the pot with cold water (the potatoes need to swim in the water) and put it on medium-high speed on the stove.
- Add salt to the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes until they are soft and fall apart. You can check them with a fork. If the knife inserted in the middle of a potato goes in quickly, the potatoes are done. It depends on how big the chunks of the potatoes are, but it will need about 25 minutes until they are done.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and add them to a bowl immediately. This step is crucial. The potatoes have to be very hot when mixing.
- Add the cold milk, salt, and butter to the bowl and mix everything together on high speed until the ingredients are well combined, and the mixture is fluffy and creamy.
- Serve in a bowl or plate.
- Garnish with olive oil and, if you want, with Italian oregano.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT DINNER
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.