saucy and juicy pineapple chicken
This saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
Why make this dish?
- This is a very easy recipe, so everyone can make it. If you're a beginner in the kitchen but want something that has a unique taste, try this one.
- You won't have to buy a bunch of ingredients, because with this one my mom kept it very simple, but still delicious.
- This recipe is perfect for after workweek night dinner.
- This dish is perfect for parties.
- This recipe is perfect if you would like to cook for your family and friends.
- You can pre cook it and leave it on the minimum level on the stove until your guests arrive. No stress involved.
- Perfect for meal preparation as it can stay for at least 5 days in the fridge.
- It tastes fresh, sour, sweet and all in one a perfect combination.
What do we need to create this recipe?
Chicken.I love to use a whole chicken as the different parts contribute to the flavor of the dish, but whatsoever you can use your favorite chicken parts.
Garlic.2 medium size garlic cloves.
Pineapple.A fresh big pineapple or 2 small ones. Please don't use canned pineapple because we need the strong and fresh pineapple taste for the recipe.
Cilantro.A handful chopped cilantro
Wheat flour.A few spoons to make the chicken crispy.
Vegetable oil.A good amount to fry the chicken. For the sauce we will just need 2 tbsp of the oil, so don't be scared that I will get too oily.
If you want to bring this meal to the next level make it with a Moro, like for example my Moro de habichuela.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Clean and cut the chicken. If you don't like to use a whole chicken use your favorite chicken parts. For the ones that are using chicken breast, cut the chicken breast into chicken strips.
- Add the chicken pieces to a big bowl.
- Peel a big or 2 medium garlic clove(s). Press the garlic clove into the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add 3 tbsp soy sauce and mix everything well.
- Add 140g wheat flour to the bowl and stir it until all chicken pieces are covered in flour.
- Put a lid on and let the chicken rest for at least an hour. If you have the time prepare the chicken 4 hours before cooking, so the chicken has more time to get all the flavors.
- In the meantime peel and chop the yellow onion and put it in a small bowl.
- Cut the 2 celery sticks into fine slices and chop it until you have very small pieces. Add them to the onion bowl as we will need them for the sauce.
- Cut the pineapple into cubes, slices or however you like them.
- Put a nonstick skillet on the stove. Add 100 ml (or more) oil into the skillet-. Fry the chicken on medium high heat. Flip the chicken after a minute or when the downside part is golden brown and crispy.
- Take the pieces which are golden brown and crispy out of the skillet and put them on a plate.
- After frying the chicken pour the oil in a bowl.
- Use 4 tbsp of the oil gain to fry the onion and celery. Roast them for about 2 minutes until they set their aroma free. Don't forget to stir it sometimes
- Add 100 ml water and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add 400 ml water, little bit of salt and the pineapple to it. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and put the lid on. let it cook on medium level for about 15-20 minutes.
- The chicken is ready to serve. If you're not sure take one piece out and cut it in the middle.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.