easy and perfectly delicious french toast casserole
Spring is finally here that means BRUNCH season has finally started. This French toast casserole is the perfect spring brunch recipe for you and your friends.
Bread.The main ingredient is the bread. You can use any white bread for this recipe.If you have many different kinds of bread leftovers you can basically throw them all together.
Milk.You also need milk for this dish. I use regular milk but if you don’t like regular milk I can recommend you almond milk or coconut milk. That doesn’t mean that you can’t use any other sort of milk, but I didn’t try the recipe with another plant based milk. Since I’m using high quality organic eggs, I will never go back to non organic cheap eggs. I recommend you to use high quality organic eggs, believe me you will taste the difference.
Spices.Okay now let's talk about the important steps/ ingredients, whatever you like to call it, the flavors. Until now we have three basic ingredients which would taste boring if we left out the next ingredients. For an epic taste bomb you will need an
orange-zest, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla extract and brown sugar.
Ceylon cinnamonwhich is also considered as the ”true” cinnamon. The Cassia cinnamon which is the cheaper cinnamon contains a significant amount of coumarin, which can be harmful if you take large doses of it. Ceylon on the other hand is much lower on coumarin. You can enjoy all the health benefits cinnamon has by using the high quality one.
vanilla.As extract or pure. But what I don’t like is any kind of vanilla imitation. I know vanilla is very expensive but this is an ingredient which you should invest in. If you can’t buy pure vanilla as it is very expensive, make sure to buy vanilla extract, NOT flavor, which only contains good quality vanilla and alcohol, no extra sugar or any other ingredient. I always buy organic Dominican extract. Once you’ve cooked with it you will never buy another one.
- My number one tip is to prepare the casserole the night before and leave it in the fridge. The ingredients have so much more time to unfold their flavors which you really can taste.
- Use any fruits you like as topping for the casserole. I love to use berries or mango and maple syrup and to give it a fresh kick use fresh mint. It’s sooo good.
- Bake for 30 minutes 180° C in the oven or until the top is golden brown. Now ready to serve you can enjoy the perfect sweet brunch recipe.
- Do you need another perfect brunch recipe? Try this delicious tomato scrambled eggs recipe.
Totaltime:275min + your waittimemin
Ingredients for the recipe:
|500g||white bread (toast, ciabatta, sourdough..)|
|1tbsp||zest of a lemon|
|30g||melted butter (optional)|
|maple syrup, vanilla sauce, ...|
|your favorite fruits|
- Preheat the oven 180°C (only if you're doing it right away)
- Pour the milk into a bowl. Add the eggs and whisk it.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, vanilla extract, orange zest, sprinkle of salt, juice of an orange and mix it.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Add the bread cubes in a baking sheet. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes.
- If you have the time I recommend you to leave the prepared French toast in the fridge over night. If not you can go on with the next step.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and if you like the melted butter together.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the prepared casserole.
- Bake until its golden brown and crunchy on top (for about 30-40 minutes, depends on your oven)
- Pour maple syrup over and add your favorite fruits.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT BREAKFAST
easy and perfectly delicious french toast casseroleSpring is finally here that means BRUNCH season has finally started. This French toast casserole is the perfect spring brunch recipe for you and your friends.
quick and super healthy chocolate porridgeI know it sounds strange, chocolate and healthy? That's not possible. But it is! This chocolate strawberry porridge is 100 percent healthy, but it tastes so much like dessert. The perfect way to start your day.
a must have simple and quick delicious healthy porridge breakfastAre you looking for a quick healthy but also delicious breakfast? Creamy oatmeal is the solution, especially this must have simple and quick delicious healthy porridge breakfast recipe.
delicious tomato scrambled eggsA simple delicious scrambled eggs recipe with lots of flavors. Bell Pepper, garlic, onions and tomato paste is all you need for this delicious tomato scrambled eggs recipe, which is made in 10 minutes.
the best easy sweet potato eggplant dip recipeThe best easy sweet potato eggplant dip recipe is a colorful healthy and delicious vegan dip for any occasion.