easy flavory lemon mint lentil soup recipe
This easy flavory lemon mint lentil soup is the perfect healthy, vegan, warm, and cozy meal on cold days.
The amazing Turkish lentil soup inspires this soup. It is not an authentic traditional recipe. It's just inspired by it.
ingredients for the easy flavory lemon mint lentil soup recipe
Lentil.Red and yellow lentils are both perfect for this recipe. Lentils are a fantastic source of Vitamin B6, Fiber, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, and Manganese. Lentils have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and neuroprotective effects.
Onion.The onion will add so much flavor to the lentil soup. You can use a yellow or red onion. If you love onions, you can add more as the instruction says.
Garlic.Together with the onion, the garlic forms the basis of the season. Make sure that Garlic cloves are fresh.
Potatoes.You don't need many potatoes; it will thicken the soup and add some healthy carbohydrates.
Carrots.The carrot will give the soup a sweet taste, perfect for balancing all the different ingredients.
Celery.One celery stick.
Lemon.Lemon zest gives the soup a fresh note. In the end, you will drizzle some lemon juice in the soup, which is perfectly sour.
Mint.This is the cherry on top of this dish. The mint, combined with the other ingredients, is just out of this world.
Tomato paste.Not only will the soup have an excellent color it will also have a slight tomato taste.
how to serve the lemon mint lentil soup
how to store the lentil soup
Ingredients for the recipe:
|500g||red or yellow lentil|
- Peel the onion and garlic.
- Chop the onion and mash the garlic.
- Cut the bell pepper into cubes.
- Wash the carrot and cut it into small cubes.
- Zest the lemon. But make sure to zest the yellow part of the lemon.
- Chop the parsley.
- Peel the potato and cut it into cubes.
- Cut the Celery stick into small rings.
- Wash the lentils under water.
- Use a big pot, add some oil, and put it on medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for about a minute.
- Add the carrots, garlic, lemon zest, celery stick, and tomato paste, and saute for about a minute.
- Add the mint leaves.
- Add the potato cubes and lentils—Fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour water into it.
- Add salt and stir it—Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Check after 20 minutes if the lentils are soft. If not, let it cook for ten more minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- When the lentils are soft, blend the soup with a hand mixer. The ingredients should all become one.
- If needed, add salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and stir the soup.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT DINNER
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.