easy healthy roasted vegetables creamy pasta recipe
This easy healthy roasted vegetables creamy pasta recipe is the perfect vegan weeknight dinner recipe. The perfect weeknight dinner as it is a super simple recipe. The Pasta sauce is perfect for families; even picky eaters will love this meal.
ingredients for the easy weeknight pasta recipe
Bell pepper.They are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and fiber. Sometimes I use more bell peppers as they are rich in flavor and add some sweetness to a meal.
Eggplant.The high-antioxidant vegetable is also rich in vitamins A and C. This is one of my favorite vegetables.
Zucchini.It is a good source of fiber, folate, Vitamin B6, and Potassium. The vegetable has many health benefits, such as may improve eye health, may prevent cancer, and helping with diabetes management.
Onion.I use red onions for this recipe, but you can also use yellow onions.
Garlic.Many garlic cloves on an excellent flavor, but don`t worry, the garlic won`t dominate. It harmonizes very well with the others ingredients.
Basil leaves.The basil leaves will add some freshness to the perfect pasta dish.
Cashews.The cashews are a very important ingredient. They make the sauce super creamy.
Tomato paste.The tomato paste will add the perfect flavor to the sauce.
Spices.Thyme. Oregano. Paprika. - that’s it.
Olive oil.Organic high quality native olive oil.
how to make the perfect vegan creamy pasta sauce
- Soak the cashews in water.
- Chop the vegetables into smaller pieces and put them on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil and sea salt on top. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cook your favorite pasta.
- Remove the cashews from the water. Take the baking sheet out of the oven.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a blender. Add basil leaves, spices, salt, cashews, olive oil, and tomato paste.
- Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce.
- Ready to serve!
how to store the vegan pasta sauce
other amazing pasta recipes
- If the weeknight pasta meal doesn’t need to be vegan, serve the simple pasta recipe with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or feta on top. It tastes amazing.
- Serve the pasta dish with fresh basil leaves on top to make it extra fresh.
- You can cook the pasta sauce ahead, and before serving simply cook the pasta. You will only spend 10 minutes in the kitchen on a busy weeknight.
- Make sure to use fresh and rich flavored vegetables, as they are a main source of flavor.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|2||red bell pepper|
|2||medium-sized red onion|
|500g||penne (or your favorite pasta|
- Soak the cashews in water.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392 °F).
- Wash the vegetables.
- Cut the Bell pepper into big cubes.
- Remove the end parts of the Zucchini and cut the zucchini into big pieces.
- Remove the crown of the eggplant in cut it into big cubes.
- Peel the onions and garlic cloves.
- Cut the onion in halves.
- Spread all the cut pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle some of the olive oil over, but not all! Sprinkle some salt on top.
- Put the baking sheet in the middle of your oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook your favorite pasta, as the instruction says.
- Take the baking sheet from the oven and add the roasted vegetables to a blender.
- Remove the cashews from the water and add to the blender.
- Add tomato paste, thyme, paprika, oregano, salt, olive oil, and fresh basil leaves.
- Blend for about 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix well together.
- Ready to serve!
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.