easy candied almond recipe
This easy candied almond recipe is an easy recipe. The perfect sweet snack.
ingredients for the easy candied almond recipe
Almonds.Did you know that almonds are actually seeds and not nuts ? I didn’t. The seed has a fantastic nutritional profile. It contains a lot of fiber, protein, fat, vitamin E, Manganese, and Magnesium. Almonds are an amazing source of antioxidants. They are concentrated in the brown layer of the skin, so use the ones with the skin on. The seeds can lower cholesterol level, and prevent harmful oxidation of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol.
Sugar.I use white sugar for this recipe, but brown sugar works as well.
Water.You will need a few spoon of water.
Vanilla extract.High quality vanilla extract, no vanilla flavor.
Cinnamon.Ground cinnamon for an amazing “Christmas“ taste. I highly recommend buying cinnamon sticks and to ground and ground them freshly at home.
Allspice.I love to cook with this amazing spice. It’s an allrounder. The dried berry is not only special because of its unique taste, it is also a very healthy spice which has multiple uses in folk medicine. Allspice contains different plant compounds such as Eugenol (has a potential antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and cancer fighting properties), Quercetin, Gallic acid (antioxidant, which has cancer fighting and antiviral effects), and Ericfolin (has cancer fighting properties).
how to store the candied almond
- Use a sauce pan.
- Use white sugar, so it’s easier to see the different stages of the sauce.
- Put the heat on medium level as it can get burn super fast and keep an eye on.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Line a baking sheet or casserole with waxed paper.
- Add sugar, water, and vanilla extract to a saucepan. Put the pan on medium heat on the stove.
- Bring it to boil. Add the spices and almonds. Stir it a few times.
- Cook and stir it.
- Always keep an eye on the pan as you need to react very quick. The mixture changes its texture and gets from liquid to syrup, then to a strongly texture and then crystslizes, this is the point where you remove the almonds from the pan.
- Move the almonds from the pan to the baking sheet.
- Let the almonds cool off.
- Separate the almonds with a fork.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT SNACK
the perfect quick and healthy cherry almond smoothieThe perfect quick and healthy cherry almond smoothie recipe. A vegan Smoothie recipe to boost up your mood and vitamin level. Cherry and Almond are the perfect match, to create a taste bomb.
the best banana bread out there with a caribbean twistAre you looking for a not so boring, super moist, full of flavor banana bread? The best banana bread out there with a Caribbean twist is the recipe you’re looking for.
how to make the perfect iced vanilla oat milk latteA cold and fresh but still creamy drink is what we all need on a hot summer day. I'm going to share how to make the perfect iced vanilla latte, so you won’t ever need to go to Starbucks to get yourself one.
the ultimate summer drink strawberry pineapple mint smoothieAre you looking for a sweet, sour, healthy, and colorful smoothie? The ultimate summer drink-strawberry pineapple mint smoothie will be your next obsession.
simple streusel pumpkin bread (super moist)Are you looking for a different type of pumpkin bread? This simple tropical bread is the perfect combination of traditional pumpkin bread with a Caribbean addition.