classic german baumkuchen bites
The classic german Baumkuchen bites are a super delicious treat, especially during Christmas time.
ingredients for the german baumkuchen bites
All-purpose flour.I use type 405 flour.
Marzipan.If you don’t like the taste of Marzipan, don’t worry, it will not taste much like it.
Vanilla extract.High-quality vanilla extract for a perfect cake taste.
Eggs.I love organic eggs. The egg whites will give the cake its fluffy consistency.
Sugar.White sugar is used for this recipe, but brown sugar works well too.
Cinnamon.Just a little bit for a Christmas taste without domination.
Butter.Melted butter for a moist cake.
Rum.It brings the cake to a whole different level
how to bake the cake bites
If your oven has a grilling option, it is the perfect time to use it.
- Before baking, you need to spread a little bit of the batter on a 12x12inches (30x30cm) baking pan/ sheet, which is covered with parchment paper.
- Next, you need to spread the batter evenly on the baking pan; remember, the batter spread should be thin. For measurement, consider that you have to repeat it five times, so we will have five layers in the end.
- Now put the baking sheet in the already preheated oven at 250°C (482°F) on the top rail.
- Grill for about 1-3 minutes until golden brown. Don’t rely on the time, if not on the color of the batter. It really depends on the oven.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and spread the next layer on the cake.
- Repeat until there is no batter left. It should be five rounds.
how to store the classic german baumkuchen bites
- Don’t rely on time, if not on the color of the batter.
- Please don’t leave the batter in the oven alone; always keep an eye on it, as it can burn quickly.
- If you don’t want or can’t use rum, use rum aroma or leave it out. It brings the cake to another level without tasting like alcohol, but it’s not necessary.
- Pretest the way you like to have the chocolate on the Baumkuchen bites. You are free to sprinkle just a little bit on the cake bites. If you don’t like the taste of too much chocolate, dip it entirely in chocolate.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|80g||almond paste (marzipan)|
- Preheat the oven (Grill function) on 250°C (482°F).
- Line a 25x25 cm( 12x12 inches) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate the Marzipan and put it aside.
- In a plate or bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- You will need two medium-sized bowls.
- Separate the egg whites and the yolk and add the egg whites to one bowl and the yolks to the other bowl.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt on the egg whites. Whisk on high speed with a hand or stand mixer until it doubles up its size and it forms stiff peaks. Put the bowl aside.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and melted butter to the egg yolks and mix until it’s well combined and creamy (for about 2 minutes).
- Add the rum and Marzipan and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the mixed stiff egg white to the batter and carefully mix until well combined. The batter should be very fluffy.
- Spread about 4 Tablespoons on the prepared baking sheet and ensure the batter is spread evenly.
- Put the baking sheet on the top rail (It should be very near to the heat) and grill for about 1-3 minutes until it’s golden brown (It depends on your oven).
- When golden brown, take the baking sheet out of the oven and again spread four tablespoons of batter on top of the golden brown layer and put it back in the oven. Again grill for about 1-3 minutes.
- Repeat (for about five rounds) until there’s no more batter left.
- After the last round of batter is baked, let the cake cool off.
- Once the cake is cool, take it out of the pan and remove the parchment paper by turning the cake upside down. Cut the cake into five rows. Then I cut five rows from the other side, so you get rectangles (25 Baumkuchen bites).
- Chop the chocolate and add it to a bowl together with 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (carefully) or above water by setting the bowl above a pot with simmering water.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from the water or out of the microwave and stir it well.
- Dip the bites in chocolate and let the chocolate set (until hard).
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT SNACK
the perfect quick and healthy cherry almond smoothieThe perfect quick and healthy cherry almond smoothie recipe. A vegan Smoothie recipe to boost up your mood and vitamin level. Cherry and Almond are the perfect match, to create a taste bomb.
the best banana bread out there with a caribbean twistAre you looking for a not so boring, super moist, full of flavor banana bread? The best banana bread out there with a Caribbean twist is the recipe you’re looking for.
how to make the perfect iced vanilla oat milk latteA cold and fresh but still creamy drink is what we all need on a hot summer day. I'm going to share how to make the perfect iced vanilla latte, so you won’t ever need to go to Starbucks to get yourself one.
the ultimate summer drink strawberry pineapple mint smoothieAre you looking for a sweet, sour, healthy, and colorful smoothie? The ultimate summer drink-strawberry pineapple mint smoothie will be your next obsession.
simple streusel pumpkin bread (super moist)Are you looking for a different type of pumpkin bread? This simple tropical bread is the perfect combination of traditional pumpkin bread with a Caribbean addition.