amazing oven baked spinach stuffed chicken breast
This amazing oven-baked spinach stuffed chicken breast is a delicious juicy chicken breast recipe baked in tomato sauce and mozzarella.
ingredients for the amazing oven-baked spinach stuffed chicken breast
Chicken breast.It is an excellent source of lean protein. It is a fantastic source of amino acids. Studies have shown that Chicken breast could boost your mood, as it contains the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan has been linked to the feel good hormone serotonin in our brain. But I must say that the amount of tryptophan is not so huge that you get euphoric immediately. Chicken breast also contains Vitamin B12, Choline, Zinc, Iron, and copper.
Spinach.The healthy green leaf is an excellent source of fiber, Vitamins A, K, and C, folic acid, calcium, and Iron. For this recipe, I use big spinach leaves and shred them in a food processor as we want the leaves to be like flakes.
Onion.The onion will add a lot of flavor to this dish. I use yellow onions for this recipe, but red onions also work. I have already used red onions multiple times for this recipe.
Garlic.Fresh juicy garlic cloves will harmonize perfectly with the other ingredients.
Cream cheese.Together with the shredded spinach, the cream cheese makes the stuffing.
Mozzarella.A little mozzarella on the chicken breast will add more texture to the dish. Therefore you need to cut the Mozzarella into thin slices.
Rosemary.For the tomato sauce. You can use fresh or dried rosemary.
Olive oil.High-quality extra virgin olive oil for the best results.
Spices.Nutmeg, black pepper, Thyme, Italian oregano, rosemary.
sieved tomatoes.Tomato juice or sieved tomatoes make the basis of the sauce. You should buy high-quality organic sieved tomatoes as it will taste better. You should watch how much citron acid the tomatoes contain, as we don’t want a tomato sauce with too much acid. The acid will interrupt the harmonization of the ingredients.
how to store the oven-baked stuffed chicken breasts
how to serve the spinach and cheese chicken breasts
- You can serve the chicken breast with mashed potatoes and green beans; it is heavenly good.
- You can serve the stuffed chicken with white rice and a green salad.
- You can serve the stuffed chicken breast with pasta.
- You can serve the oven-baked chicken breasts with cooked potatoes and many more sides.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|4||chicken breast pieces|
|1||handful basil leave|
- Clean the chicken breast with water and lemon. Then dry the chicken breast with a paper towel.
- Peel the onion and garlic cloves.
- Mix Italian oregano, salt, and thyme in a bowl and put it aside.
- Chop the onion.
- Mince the garlic cloves.
- Cut the Mozzarella cheese into slices.
- Wash the spinach in a bowl with water and dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Put the spinach leaves in the food processor and shred them.
- Add the shredded spinach, salt, nutmeg, black pepper, and cream cheese to a bowl.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Cut the chicken breast in the middle as if we want to cut the chicken into two thinner slices. Don’t cut through the chicken, if not ¾ of it. You can open the chicken breast like a book.
- Fill the chicken breast with 2 tbsp of the filling.
- Close the chicken and seal the edges with a toothpick.
- Spread the mixed seasoning over the chicken breasts.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (425°F).
- Use a frying pan and put it on medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add some olive oil to the pan and fry the chicken breast for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pan and put them on a baking casserole.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and saute for a minute.
- Add minced garlic and rosemary stick and saute for a minute while stirring.
- Pour the sieved tomatoes over and set the heat on low-medium. Add some salt and basil leaves. Stir it and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken breasts and put the sliced mozzarella cheese, and put the baking casserole in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Ready to serve!
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.