easy cheesy broccoli blue cheese soup (healthy one pot recipe)
This easy cheesy broccoli blue cheese soup is a healthy one-pot recipe full of flavor and creaminess. Made in 20 minutes and with minimal effort, this soup is the perfect recipe for lazy days.
ingredients for the healthy broccoli soup
Broccoli.A nutrient-dense ingredient. High in Vitamin K, Vitamin C, iron, and potassium. It is also high in plant compounds which studies have shown, have many health benefits. For instance, Sulforaphane may help protect against many types of cancer.
Potatoes.This super healthy starch ingredient will give the soup a creamy note. It also helps to keep you full for a good amount of time.
Carrot.The orange vegetable gives the soup a slightly sweet taste. It also helps support your immune system, which is what we all need right now. The digestive health is supported thanks to the compounds found in carrots.
Onion.We are not having many ingredients, but this one is one of the most important, as it gives the dish so much flavor.
Blue cheese.The soup is going to have a very unique taste, in a good way.
- The soup tastes best if eaten immediately. But if you want to store it, use a container and put it in the fridge. It will last up to two days.
- The best way to have the soup is with some warm garlic bread. If you put gouda cheese on it, you will be in cheese heaven. Don’t worry it will not be too much cheese.
- I make the garlic bread with freshly roasted garlic cloves, olive oil, and some salt.
- Don’t let the broccoli get burned. There is a small line between crispy golden onion and burned onion. You will need to let it get brown because we want to taste the roasted flavor in the soup.
- You can add the harsh broccoli pieces, as it gives much flavor. But cut it into thin slices.
- Be careful with the blue cheese. We want a harmonized soup, therefore the blue cheese shouldn’t dominate. If you liked to have more in it wait until the soup cooks for about 2 minutes than taste it. If you still want to add more, you are free to do so.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Wash and peel the carrot and potatoes.
- Cut the carrot into three pieces.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Wash the broccoli and slice off the rough bottom ends of the broccoli stalks.
- Add some olive oil to a big pot and put it on high heat.
- Sautee for a minute or until the chopped onion has a nice roasted brown color.
- Add carrots and potato cubes to the pot.
- Saute for about 2 minutes. The potatoes should have a beautiful golden color. If the heat is too high turn it down to medium-high.
- Add the broccoli.
- Add 1 liter of water, immediately.
- Add some salt and put a lid on. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove when the broccoli and potatoes are soft and the soup is ready to blend.
- Use a hand blender or a stand blender, you choose.
- Blend the soup until everything is well combined and creamy.
- Put the soup back on low heat on the stove.
- Add the blue cheese and whisk it until the cheese disappears and becomes one with the soup.
- The healthy broccoli blue cheese soup is ready to serve.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT LUNCH
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.