easy homemade strawberry pistachio cake
This easy homemade strawberry pistachio cake recipe is the perfect summer cake made with fresh strawberries, a creamy pistachio mascarpone cream, and a fluffy vanilla cake.
ingredients for the homemade strawberry pistachio cake
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- heavy cream
- Mint leaves
tips for the perfect strawberry cake
- Make the cream ahead of time.
- The cake needs to be soft, fluffy, and with a delicious vanilla taste.
- The strawberries should be fresh, juicy, and full of flavor. Don’t use strawberries that taste like water.
- Don’t skip the part where you add the mint leaves, as they are the cherry on top of this delicious strawberry cake recipe.
- If you have access to unsalted, already peeled pistachios, use these. If not, peel them. I would not use salted pistachios.
how to store the ultimate strawberry pistachio cake
amazing simple but delicious baked treats
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 338°F.
- Grease a round 20cm / 8inches baking pan and put it aside.
- Mix all-purpose flour and baking powder together and put aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a water bath.
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white in two separate bowls.
- Whisk egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form (this will take about 5 minutes. It depends on the machine you’re using.)
- Mix melted butter, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and sugar together. Whisk until well combined.
- Now carefully add the flour to the butter-sugar mixture and fold carefully. When well combined, add the beaten egg white and whisk carefully until combined.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and put it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. Check with a wooden stick in the middle; if the batter sticks to the wooden stick, then the cake needs more time to bake. In the meantime, make the cream.
- Add the pistachios to a food processor and grind them at high speed. Put it aside until needed.
- Add the mascarpone, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sugar into a bowl and whisk on high speed for about 1-2 minutes until well combined and creamy; it depends on your mixer.
- Add the ground pistachio and fold it in the cream until well combined. Put the cream in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the strawberries and cut them into slices.
- Wash the mint leaves and chop them.
- Remove the cake from the oven when finished, and let it cool off.
- When the cake is cold, remove it from the baking pan. Put it on a large plate (serving plate/cake plate).
- Add the cold cream to the cake and spread it with a cake spatula, knife, or whatever you have.
- Put the strawberry slices on top of the cream/cake and sprinkle the cut mint leaves on top.
- The strawberry cake is ready to serve.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT SNACK
the perfect quick and healthy cherry almond smoothieThe perfect quick and healthy cherry almond smoothie recipe. A vegan Smoothie recipe to boost up your mood and vitamin level. Cherry and Almond are the perfect match, to create a taste bomb.
the best banana bread out there with a caribbean twistAre you looking for a not so boring, super moist, full of flavor banana bread? The best banana bread out there with a Caribbean twist is the recipe you’re looking for.
how to make the perfect iced vanilla oat milk latteA cold and fresh but still creamy drink is what we all need on a hot summer day. I'm going to share how to make the perfect iced vanilla latte, so you won’t ever need to go to Starbucks to get yourself one.
the ultimate summer drink strawberry pineapple mint smoothieAre you looking for a sweet, sour, healthy, and colorful smoothie? The ultimate summer drink-strawberry pineapple mint smoothie will be your next obsession.
simple streusel pumpkin bread (super moist)Are you looking for a different type of pumpkin bread? This simple tropical bread is the perfect combination of traditional pumpkin bread with a Caribbean addition.