the best peanut butter pumpkin stew with boneless chicken tights recipe
The best peanut butter pumpkin stew with boneless chicken tights recipe is full of flavor and a colorful, healthy dinner.
ingredients for the best peanut butter pumpkin stew with boneless chicken tights recipe.
Chicken tights.You can use boneless or bone ones. If you want you can leave the skin on, just make sure to make them extra crispy. If you don’t like chicken tights at all, replace them with chicken breast pieces.
Onion.The onion is going to give so much flavor.
Garlic.The perfect partner for the onion. As we are using fresh ingredients for flavor, it is important to add ingredients that are rich in flavor, garlic is one of these.
Bell pepper.Red bell pepper will add a sweet and fresh taste. But more importantly, it will nourish your body with Vitamin C which is what we need on cold days, to support our immune system.
Potatoes.The starch ingredient is the source of healthy carbs. Another good thing about adding potatoes, they will thicken the stew up.
Pumpkin.Another super healthy ingredient will add a sweet taste to the whole dish. Pumpkins and potatoes balance each other out.
Leek.is high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Magnesium. It may reduce inflammation and protect against cancer. It may also promote healthy digestion, which you can read more about
Peanut butter.Sugar-free peanut butter is going to add such a strong peanut taste, but this makes the dish heavenly good. Peanut butter is also a good source of healthy fats.
Cilantro.The perfect fresh herb for this dish.
Parsley.Together with cilantro, it will add so much flavor and it is a super healthy ingredient.
Spices.Before cooking the chicken tights we need to season them with ginger, paprika, thyme, salt, garlic powder, lime, salt, pepper and coriander.
sides for the Pumpkin peanut butter stew
what chicken to use?
- Season the chicken early in the morning or even the night before for a rich taste.
- Don’t hesitate while cooking, the smell is unbelievably good but time is key for this stew.
- Clean the chicken before using it.
- This peanut butter stew is the perfect meal prep dish. You can eat it for up to 4 days.
Ingredients for the recipe:
|2tsp||black pepper powder|
- Wash the chicken tights and add them to a bowl.
- Add the juice of a lime, salt, paprika, ginger, garlic powder, thyme, coriander, and black pepper, and stir it well.
- Put the bowl aside for a few hours.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Peel the potato and cut it into cubes.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes as well.
- Cut the leek into rings.
- Cut the bell pepper into small cubes.
- Chopp the parsley and coriander.
- Use a big pan or pot and add some oil.
- Put the pan on medium-high heat on the stove.
- When the pan is hot add the chicken tights and fry them for about 3 minutes on each side. You can remove them from the pan and put them on a plate when they have a beautiful golden color.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and saute for about a minute.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the leek rings and let it cook for about a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the potato and pumpkin cubes and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it a few times.
- Pour some water over it.
- When the water is boiling add the peanut butter and stir everything until it is well combined.
- Add the parsley and coriander and salt.
- When everything is cooking add the chicken thighs.
- Put the stove on medium heat.
- Put a lid on top of the pan/pot and let it cook for 30 minutes. Check it every 5 minutes and stir it sometimes. It should slowly cook. If it’s cooking too much set the heat down.
- The chicken pumpkin peanut butter stew is ready when the chicken is nice and soft and the vegetables slowly fall apart.
- Ready to serve with some rice.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT DINNER
dreamy creamy coconut feta pastaAre you looking for a delicious simple, fast made pasta recipe, which you have never had before ? This heavenly delicious dreamy creamy coconut feta pasta is one for the books
amazing moro de maiz (best corn rice recipe)Are you in the mood for some rice but want to level it up? This amazing Moro de Maíz aka the best corn rice recipe will fully do its job and impress you. It is the simplest, most delicious and nourishing dish ever.
saucy and juicy pineapple chickenThis saucy & juicy pineapple chicken recipe is full of flavor, juicy and colorful. The perfect recipe to celebrate life the Caribbean way.
the most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soupAre you looking for a simple, fast, healthy and delicious soup? The most easy and delicious 4 ingredient pumpkin tortellini soup, it is. A hit in our family and soon yours too.
all year healthy and creamy vegetarian wild rice soupAre you looking for a good, nourishing, colorful, easy and fast to make, delicious soup? Then you should try this delicious all year healthy & creamy vegetarian wild rice soup which has a lot of vitamins, good carbs and thanks to the bean’s tons of protein.